Australia’s CEO Challenge is a recognised, award-winning charity that supports the business sector to help break the silence surrounding domestic violence.
Our aim is to make sure workplaces are aware and responsive to domestic violence, and have in place a strategy to raise awareness and support their staff who may be living with violence, abuse and control at home.
Our Workplace Domestic Violence Prevention Program is the only one of its kind in Australia, providing education, policy, training and staff engagement, it ensures workplaces are responsive to the issues, compliant with the Fair Work Act, and actively giving back to local domestic violence services.
Since 2001, we have been creating mutually beneficial innovative corporate and community partnerships to give stability to those fleeing violence, and to provide prevention programs and awareness.
- Two thirds of women experiencing domestic violence are employed.
- One in Three Australian women will experience some form of violence in their lifetime.
- Two people (women, children and men) die every week from domestic violence in Australia.
- Three in four children in Australia are present during violent episodes in their homes.
- One in six women and one in nineteen men will be sexually assaulted by a current or former partner.
- One in three women and one in two men will experience physical violence by a partner.
- Only 1 in 10 women report domestic violence.